Metro 1.1 Carburettor problem

Hi all,

My wife's Rover Metro has failed the MOT due to excessive CO. Any adjustment to to mixture has very little effect.

This also happened 2 years ago, when the tester advised replacing the carburettor with a secondhand item from a breakers. This worked well. The CO dropped from 10% to 1%

Well, it's happened again. Can someone tell whats wrong with these carburettors?

I have noticed that when the crankcase vent pipe is disconnected from the carburettor the CO drops and is adjustable to within the set limits. This was also the case with the first carburettor.

As I am having trouble locating a carburettor in good nick, so I need some advice.

********Car Details*********

Rover Metro (pre 100 series) 1.1 k series engine 1994 SU carburettor KIF 38 charcoal canister fitted Catalytic converter fitted

Many thanks,

Reply to
Ian Thomas

how are you adjusting it ? there are two adjusting points the main jet and the air bypass. Is the air bypass solenoid clicking open with ignition on and throttle pedal at rest position ?

Reply to
techspeed

Reply to
johntilly69

I have the same problem with my kif failed m.o.t nobody seems to no, have you had any luck, my metro 1994 as only done 22,500

Reply to
johntilly69