A3 saloon

That's a bit unfair Tim. Everybody & dog knows what i meant.

Yeah, who nows? I don't.

So if it isn't done, it can't be done? Of course there are technical problems, not least the vibration problem when running on 2. All this needs to be sorted out.

Reply to
johannes

Small saloon cars are popular taxi size cars in east asia. Prolly the justification for the A3 Saloon for china market.

Reply to
johannes
[...]

You could have a second clutch system to engage a balancer shaft. Oh, wait - this was meant to be an economy system...

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

What sort of logic is that? It's almost the complete opposite of what I've said. I said, if it isn't being done, it most likely because it's not worth doing.

Only if it's economically worthwhile, which I very much doubt! If it were, someone would be doing it.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Either that, or cars of the same price has shrunk.

Reply to
johannes

Forget about all that. It's about getting 'green' credentials, innit..

Reply to
johannes