Alloy wheel refurb at home?

I've got a '99 Fiesta and the paint on the alloy wheels is looking decidedly the worse for wear. Staining and paint lifting mainly, and products like Wonder Wheels have little or no effect on the finish. There's also a couple of light kerbing scratches. I was thinking a 'polished on the flat surface with painted recesses' effect would look kinda nice. Could anyone point me to a website that covers home refurbishing and polishing/respraying?

Jetsonik

It's a bit of a pain. Sand down the scratches, fill, sand, prime, paint. Ideally with the tyres off. And it won't be as durable as a proper job. If you're talking about coming up with a diamond cut effect on your own, it'll take a while, and you'll want an good angle grinder style electric polisher (NOT an angle grinder). This has been covered on the clubgti.com forums, but they're not up this week.

Reply to
Doki

Waste of time. Go to

if they're near enough to you. They did a fantastic job on my alloys - worth the two 160 mile round trips to drop off and collect.

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable