Astra 1.4 engine management light ....code 35 idle valve

Hi.

I have an Astra 1.4 CFI car and have fallen to the dreaded enginement management light...it is flashing code 35, but there doesn't appear to be any obvious deterioration in performance [never been much good since I've had the car!] apart from a 'slight' lurching [a small increase in revs] when the car slows.

IS there anything else that might affect this fault other than the idle control valve?

Appreciate any input. Cheers Garry

Reply to
garryb59

An air leak on the intake manifold, or a leak on any of the components that connect to the manifold can cause this fault code. Common problems I have found to cause this are faulty throttle body gaskets, faulty manifold to head gasket and dodgy thermostatic control valves for the air intake control flap (selects whether intake air comes from the wheelarch area or from around the exhaust manifold).

HTH

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt

rusty throttle cable (the nipple at the throttle body) that doesn't let the throttle fully close, I have only come across this once, but it is possible, the symptoms are right.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Sure, thanks for these replies guys, I'll take a look at the whole idea of an air leak. Thing is, the light doesn't come on immediately, sometimes it might be after 4 miles, sometimes after 15, and likewise when the engine has been shutdown for a few minutes, the light will stay off for a while before coming on again.

Cheers Garry

Reply to
garryb59