Auto transmition in Nissan Micra 96

I'm finding that the auto gear stick has become stiff when moving between settings. Its not very bad, but its got worse.

Its only got 20,000 miles on it.

I spoke to someone at a dealership who said that the magnetic dust inside the transmition looses its magnetic qualities, and so the transmition determinates. He said this was a design fault with this model and year.

Does anyone know about this?

Thanks

Reply to
Zzaaarathustra

Sounds like a new gearbox may be required. We've got an old 95 NCVT auto that is never used pretty much, and it's done 73,000 miles on the one auto gearbox, and is okay still, although has deterioted I would say over the years. 1995 model.

I think you may be up a gum-tree, there is not much you can do about sticking autogearboxes, except perhaps get a mechanic to have a look at it.

Reply to
Robert