BMW exhausts.

Seeing the recent post about a Sierra exhaust got me thinking. Are BMW exhausts particularly long lasting? It certainly seems that way. I have a '94 525i E34 with a full service history. 160k and according to the service sheets and bills, it's never had any part of the exhaust system replaced. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

The one on my similar E34 lasted about 8 years - and I only replaced it because it got noisy through the sound absorption material failing. It wasn't actually blowing. My E39 is now older than that and still fine.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

14 years so far for my E34, and it's still reasonably quiet, and no noisier than my later E39 so I assume it's still OK. Is this a record? :-) Just as well they last a long time. Have you checked on the price of an OE one lately? Mike.
Reply to
Mike G

All car exhausts do seem to last much longer these days. All of the cars I have had since 1985 have seemed to last the life of the car. Prior to then, they only seemed to last two or three years - or the replacements did.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

had a citroen AX with it's original battery and exhuast after 12 years...

Reply to
john

john formulated the question :

My 13 year old Ford had its first new battery a couple of years ago, but is still on the original exhaust which is still in good condition. Battery life depends not so much on age, but how they are treated. It doesn't take many 'allowing it to go flat' to kill a battery.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield