BMW Inspection light reset tool

I've got a inspection/oil light reset tool which I used on my D-reg 1985?) 318i with the 1800cc engine. As far as I can tell this is an E30
engine, is this correct?
The tool has a large (40mm dia.) circular plug with 4 pins visible. There is a plastic keyed prong in the centre. It has two switches - on/off and oil/inspection. Red LED for power and green/yellow for oil/insp.
What EMU system would this car have used? Bosch?
Is the tool worth anything to anyone?
--
(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny says Windows 7 is Vi$ta reloaded.

Lots of devices sold in Autotrader, Exchange & Mart and on ebay to do what you require.

I've already _got_ one, thanks, just want to know a bit more about it so I can advertise it with an accurate description. There's some pics of it at
http://www.jasper.org.uk/bmw
--
(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny says Windows 7 is Vi$ta reloaded.
On 10/04/2010 00:13, John Veldman wrote:

John Veldman = Tiscali Idiot
--
Adrian C

You can use a bit of wire to do the same job. Or even the much quoted paperclip. A code reader/reset tool is of more use for later cars.
--
*The man who fell into an upholstery machine is fully recovered*

It happens that Dave Plowman (News) formulated :

..and a lamp!

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

What for?
--
*In some places, C:\ is the root of all directories *

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 00:28:33 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"

To see the bit of wire?
--

Ian D

Dave Plowman (News) laid this down on his screen :

To flash the fault codes. The lamp flashes long and short flashes, the format of which when decoded, indicates any faults found or none.
--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

But not if the rechargeable battery soldered to the back of the instrument panel has died.

OK, thanks. Bin it is then.
--
Mike Tomlinson

Mike Tomlinson wrote:

or put it on ebay, or freecycle, or give it to the owner of a suitable car when you see one.

Gave it to the owner of my local backstreet garage this morning when I took the Mini in for a brake check.
--
(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny says Windows 7 is Vi$ta reloaded.