Buying Oil

Croco ( snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

If you're looking for one of those specific brands, then I think you're going to be out of luck, as petrol stations tend to sell their "own brand" oil - can't think why...

Surely you can expense the oil, though...?

Reply to
Adrian

No, he meant, put the oil onto an expenses claim form.

They may be able to suggest an alternative to you going there.

Reply to
DervMan

What about phoning a dealer and having them post or otherwise deliver it?

Reply to
Billy H

Why don't you ask an independent if they can order it for you for the next time you fill up?

Reply to
Fred

I have an Alfa with a pretty revvy engine that drinks quite a bit of 10w 60 oil. I am fortunate to be proided with a fuel card by my company.The card also provides oil. Trouble is, no petrol stations seem to stock such a heavy oil as10/60 so I have to buy separately at main dealer. I understand BMW M series also use this oil Anyone know where I may get some either Selenia, Agip, or Castrol RS 60 in a normal petrol station around Merseyside, Lancs, or Cheshire ? Ta

Reply to
Croco

Or if they have any for sale. They'll have a stock of it I would think.

Reply to
Marvin

I can afford the oil , yes .But have to travel some way to a dealer to buy it. I was wondering if the smaller ones would be worth a try like for example 'Murco' or similiar

Reply to
Croco

Although independents are few and far between it seems like the best bet. thanks all

Reply to
Croco

You can know get Castrol Edge in 10w60 but failing that find out what alternatives are available for your car. I dont think anywhere, even the likes of Halfords, will stock 10w60.

Reply to
adder1969