Can you retrofit Cruise control to an Vauxhall Omega

Hi there.

My dad has a Y plate VX Omega 2.2CD Auto. Can you retrofit the standard Criuse control to this car with the appropriate bits by just firring and pliugging them in. I guess it would need:

- indicator Stalk changing

- Cruise control motor and housing installing

Are connectors already there ?

Is it that simple ?

Thanks in advance. Andy.

Reply to
a.j.beddoes

The 2.2 has fly-by-wire accelerator controls (I think) so you don't need a motor. I know the 2.6 and 3.2 V6 engines are fly-by-wire but I can't remember about the 2.2. If it has a cable to the throttle flaps it's not fly by wire and you will need to fit the motor but then you don't need Tech2 to enable it. Have a look at the Omega Owners Forum

for details.

Just fit the stalk and it may work or you may need it enabling by a Tech2 diagnostic system at your local Vauxhall dealer.

Reply to
rp

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 15:38:21 +0000 (GMT), I waved a wand and this message magically appears in front of rp:

Shouldn't that be drive-by-wire?

Reply to
Alex Buell

Depends on the shocks.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

For the 2.2 a least, yes it should be :-)

Reply to
rp