Cat Emmisions

Car cats that is.

A friend of mine has just attempted suicide, he did have an over night stay in hospital and was not too well at all.

The doctors told him the reason he did not die was because the car had a cat converter???

So does the cat suppress the monoxide?? So he got ill from co2 poisoning rather than monoxide???

I thought it was strange, he laughs about it now

Reply to
PhilÅ

PhilÅ ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Yes. It oxidises CO into CO2.

Reply to
Adrian

And as the blood can release CO2 from the haemoglobin he is okay, but with CO IIRC is locks into the Haemoglobin and is not released once he moves to an area of lower concentration.

Or something like that.

Reply to
Tom Burton

What we should be asking is why the hell would a doctor tell someone who is suicidal that basically, "try a pre 91 model next time".

Reply to
History

I suppose the only plus point is at least he knows his car will pass it's next emissions check...

Reply to
Chris Bartram