Citroën C2 Overheating warning

Citroën C2 1.1 2006 62,000miles

I've had this since February 2012 at 50,000miles.

22 May 2013 at the end of a day-long drive (300miles) from France to Luzern, Warning light comes on 'engine overheating'. Stopped, waited for fan to stop running, then drove cautiously the remaining mile or two to hotel. Checked everything the next morning, no sign of a problem, carried on to Italy without further problem.

29 May 2013, Warning message "information faulty' 'service'. This message disappeared before I had time to read it as I was preoccupied navigating an exit ramp at the time. During the next few months a series of 'sidelight faulty' messages. Nothing wrong with lights. Last few months have been without problems until:

8 November 2013 London to Hungerford, 'Engine overheating' warning, stop, wait for fan to stop running, continue journey to west country and return to London with everything fine. 13 November London to Newbury and round about, no problem. 16 November London & suburbs, no problem 21 November London to Marlborough. On M4 the 'sidelight faulty' message appears, and disappears. Then at exactly the same spot as the week before, the oveheat message appears as I slow down for the roundabout entering Hungerford. Stop, let fan stop running, carry on.

So what is wrong? The electronics, a sensor?

Reply to
djc

Do you mean that the warning messages go out when you turn the engine off and then everything is fine straight away or do you have to wait for the system to cool down?

Reply to
Jim Baker

It might be worth searching the forums here:

It seems like it's a *very* common problem, with more than one cause.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Wait till cool down (or at least until fan stops running ? I don't believe the engine is overheated)

Reply to
djc

In that case you need to read the forum posts I linked to WRT the different functions of the green and blue temperature sensors.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

sidelights probably a connection on one of the rear lamps earth usually has a poor connection not enough for the lamp not to work but the car to read it as a fault (unless you put leds in ! ) . the cooling problem could be the sensor or fan control unit if its got one.

Reply to
Redstar