Citroen C3 dCi 1.6 16v

Ok, Citroen to me are doing a good deal on this car at the moment, but how reliable has these cars been. To be honest its difficult to gauge exactly, what the car is like on the web when there are conflicting reviews. But i have a old Mk1 Clio diesel which has been quite reliable, could i expect the same for the Citroen?

Any out there happy or sad about the C3?

Many thanks

Reply to
craigio

Ever heard of search engines? Plenty of reviews out there - some hate them and others say they are good. I think they look horrible. A Clio isn't made by Citroen.

Reply to
john lyon

me are doing a good deal on this car at the moment, but

Do i really need to respond to this...when the original message with an ounce of thought should be self evident?

Reply to
craigio

:-)

I have no experience of the C3; friends and family who have owned Citroens in the past have found them to be below average WRT reliability, and the dealers to be woeful even by the standards of the motor trade!

In general, if something is cheap, it's for a reason. That is likely to be particularly true of cars.

By asking this question in a maintenance NG, you will get lots of folk telling you that for the sort of money a new C3 costs, you would have a wide choice of much better used cars - they are probably right.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

There's no such thing as a C3 dCi 1.6 16v.

HTH.

Reply to
SteveH

I guess you mean the C3 HDi 1.6 16V. My wife's C3 1.4 HDi 16v is now over 4 years old and had not given any trouble. Usual Citroen stuff of cheap trim needing screwing back on but no engine or mechanical issues at all - apart from the plastic dipstick which snapped! The 1.4 turbo diesel is fun to drive, economical and only £35 road tax.

Of course the trouble with citroens is that they can be a bit of a gamble - just hope you get a good one.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

The engine is a Ford/Peugeot/Citroen unit AFAIK. Not heard of major issues.

Others don't like Citroen, I've had 4 and would have another. Don't expect to get much money for it when you come to sell.

My mother in law has a 2004 C3 1.4 petrol auto and loves it.

Reply to
Doctor D

Doctor D ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.f.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

(or buy a used/pre-reg/near-new one and be laughing...)

Reply to
Adrian

My father is on his second C3. I have to say that since retirement, he still doesn't do that many miles. Both cars have had minor issues but nothing to put him off. The one thing I see becoming a problem as these cars get older is a known issue with the electronics where the digital dash and power steering (it's electric) stop working. The fix requires a main dealer, as my sister has just found, having inherited father's first C3. The cost of that repair is likely to kill off some cars prematurely I suspect.

Reply to
asahartz

Absolutely, I'm currently keeping half an eye out for a bargain Grand Picasso 2.0HDi VTR+

Reply to
Doctor D

Doctor D ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.f.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

C4 Pic? Too new and selling too well to get any pre-reg bargains, They've shifted over 10,000 C4 Pics _already_ in the UK alone...

Reply to
Adrian