Clio fuel conundrum

My daughter has a Clio, 2003, today she came home and said that although she'd just put £10 petrol in the tank and the fuel gauge was showing quarter full, the low fuel warning light is lit, and on the 'computer' the 'miles to go before fill up' figure is blank. Any ideas guys? Thanks, Jerry

Reply to
Jerry and Ce

Computer wobbley (its a Renault) or the sender is stuck / float fell off.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..

Maybe, if the computer and warning light share a sender, but the gauge is separate.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry and Ce

Fill the tank to the brim and observe the guage. If it doesn't move, and you've not flooded the local area with fuel, you'll have a faulty sender.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

The gauge is working, it's the other two things that are saying there's no fuel.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry and Ce

"Jerry and Ce" wrote in news:f9fjsj$h4b$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org:

Maybe the computer gets confused with a tenner fill. As Mr. Cheerful says, fill her up and see what happens. Remember the car is French so does not follow the usual rules.

Reply to
Tunku

Is my news reader missing posts? :(

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

"Sandy Nuts" wrote in news:gdYui.4280$cw7.328 @text.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

LOL, apologies Sandy, It was you - I was just being a mong by the looks of it. :-)

Reply to
Tunku

Thus spake Tunku ( snipped-for-privacy@dsl.pipex.com) unto the assembled multitudes:

My GF's brand new Clio ran out of fuel a few weeks ago because she believed the fuel gauge which was saying it was still more than half full, but she couldn't remember how many miles she had done since filling up. Turned out to be a trip computer fault, which was replaced under warranty. It seems then that the trip computer controls the fuel gauge, which is a bit worrying.

Reply to
A.Clews