Daewoo Tacuma towbar - heads up?

I need to fit a towbar and single electrics to my Daewoo Tacuma. I'll check out price to get it done but may end up having to fit it myself. Any particular heads up - makes to go for or avoid, gotchas buying or fitting, etc?

Electrically I'm reading that I probably need a 7-wire flasher relay. Do cars have connectors for towbar electrics fitted to their harnesses or does one still have to cut into the looms?

Reply to
John Stumbles

I have a Brink detachable towbar fitted to the Jeep. And a Witter on the Ford. Both well made and both easy to fit. The Brink is great because it's a very neat installation. The Witter is tough and allows a choice of different hitch types (including NATO).

It depends is the only answer. The Jeep had a loom connector but the plug could only be had by buying a complete harness from Jeep. But the part was discontinued. I ended up cutting off the plug and crimping the relay into place.

The Ford didn't have a connector and needed loom splicing.

Reply to
Steve Firth