Deep Scratch- Repair

I have a deep scratch about 8 inches long on the side of my car. Vauxhall Vectra 1.8 metallic paint. Would appreciate some simple steps to repair and spray it. I am not keep to have a whole door panel re-sprayed but I have been told that air brushing might be a possibility to avoid spraying the whole door. The kind of thing used by these firms like "Chips Away" Any ideas most welcome- especially an idiots guide to obtaining the best possible finish

Reply to
Oscar fabricant

If the car is worth anything let a pro do it. Phone around.

Reply to
gazzafield

Chips Away come highly recommended by the people on the MX-5 owners' club forum.

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable

You can get a good job done with an aerosol, but if you need to be asking for tips, I doubt you will do a good job and will probably end up going to a pro to put right the mess you made, costing more than repairing the scratch.

Reply to
a.n.other