Does Golf 1990 1.8L Carb have a fuel filter?

Hi

Does Golf 1990 1.8L Carb have a fuel filter? I can't find where it might be, the manual talks of an in-line filter. I'm getting losses of power for about 60 seconds then clears, Then OK for 5-20 minutes

zzapper (vim, cygwin, wiki & zsh)

Reply to
zzapper

be, the manual talks of an

clears, Then OK for 5-20

It should be on the left of the air box housing. It a small clear/white plastic thing on the black fuel line. Next to it is a blue return pipe.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Curtis

That would be real cool if it were , and is true for 1.3L 1.05L carb models,

SHORT ANSWER YES IT'S HIDDEN BEHIND THE FUEL PUMP UNDER THE CAR!!!

I now think I must have injection (PMI) because my fuel filter is underneath the car roughly where the rear passenger sits., Get down in the dirt and you will immediately see the fuel pump, an oblong box, with lots of pipes, now here's the unfortunate thing (and what fooled me) the fuel filter is attached to otherside of the pump and is hard to see. You need to disconnect the pump electrical lead, jack up the car, loosen the filter, drain, disconnect the inlet, outlet pipes, not lose the washers, undo one retaining bolt, I'd advise taking old filter to the store to avoid any doubt rather than buy one before. Getting to the store could be a problem as your Golf is broke!!

And while you're in town buy a new shirt to replace the one you just mussed up!!!

BTW there's a web page if you google!!

REMEMBER PETROL/GAS IS DANGEROUS

zzapper (vim, cygwin, wiki & zsh)

Reply to