DOT 4 -> DOT 5.1

The Real Doctor gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Bleeding from the joints sounds like a horrible bodge to me, have to admit. The kind of thing that'd be done to save half an hour (which'd then be charged for anyway...)

ESPECIALLY when the fluid's a few years old and the car's been sat around unused...

Reply to
Adrian

That's the one, it may take you a while to get registered, trouble with spam postings etc! There's a good following for the I-5 engine and your vehicle.

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

Nedavno Adrian napisa:

I plan to change rear calipers and all four disks soon, but I need to fix brakes sticking problem first.

Reply to
me

"Yvan@office" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

It's not as if brake fluid's expensive...

(Mind you, if the fluid'd been changed regularly, the calipers wouldn't need replacing...)

Reply to
Adrian

Nedavno Adrian napisa:

Rear calipers are problematic since I got the car. When I brake hard (at the our equivalent of your MOT) they pass, but I do not brake hard that much and rear disks are covered with rust. Local garague changed some seals, removed the brake corrector (part connected with a spring to the metal beam connecting rear wheels :-), but id did not help.

So I'll change fluid VERY soon, but I need to sort brakes sticking problem first, so I can get my license plates.

Reply to
me

Nedavno Julian napisa:

I registered, but I have to wait that my registration is approved. Perhaps that's why I see only few posts. Can you post a link to the thread you mentioned?

Reply to
me

I didn't mention a thread as such. I just remember that the problem you have crops up on the site about every year, so you'll be likely to get some proper advise. I haven't had the problem myself so can't comment specifically.

Here's a good site, much of the info will loosely relate to your car.

specifically:

Julian.

Reply to
Julian