Fiesta mk6 gearbox into mk5?

Hello.

I have an 02reg mk5 fiesta. The gearbox has always been noisy (whines a lot) and has got worse over time, (now at 42,000 miles). I have the chance to replace it with a box from an 05 mk6 fiesta. I believe that both are the iB5 versions. Can anyone tell me if this is a feasable replacement. My main concerns are ratios (gears and final drive) and operation of clutch, (mine is hydraulic). Both cars are 1.4 petrol.

Thanks in advance

Ken

Reply to
Kenny