Focus Alignment Woes

Back in January I bought an '03 Focus TDCI with 53K on the clock. Since then I've had to get the wheel alignment done six times. The car's predecessor, an '02 Mondeo TDCI, behaved inmpeccably (until the wall hit it). I'm not a boy racer. Each time it's fixed, within days I feel the familiar sluggishness, scuffling (or whatever the word is) and bad handling. I have a suspicion that something occurs when I'm manoevering with a full lock in reverse. Of course, it's using extra rubber and diesel too.

Can anyone offer any insight into WTF is going on? I'm not an expert BTW so layman's language would be appreciated.

It's confined to light local use for the time being.

TIA

Reply to
John Frum

Subframe bushes?

Reply to
Conor

In message , Conor writes

A clunk when reversing on full lock in my Mondeo was due to that.

Reply to
Gordon H

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 16:52:56 +0100, Conor wrote (in message ):

Thanks

I googled subframe bushes but the various symptoms described didn't seem to resemble mine. Of course I can't rule it out. I don't have the technical know-how to do anything about it myself (I'm more electrically-minded) but I do like to have some insight before I go engaging a pro.

If it is subframe bushes, what kind of price am I looking at?

JF

Reply to
John Frum