Focus/Mondeo leccy window mechanism

My Y reg Focus has a dodgy driver's window after trying to open it when it was frozen shut many years ago. I've picked up an X reg 2.0 Mondeo for spares and I'm wondering if it might have the same window mechanism I could swap over? Any ideas?

Reply to
Dave Baker

I would be very doubtful; there are even differences between the 3 and 5 door models.

Depending on what is broken, you might be able to fix it with a repair kit from eBay.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Agreed. I picked up a new regulator for my Renault Laguna driver's door electric window, for about £25. I would rather go that route than trying to match an old one, that may have a similar problem waiting anyway.

Reply to
Davey

pattern one for my 5 door focus was about 50 quid, works great. There are several different flavours available depending on switch functions and exact model, so the chance of getting the right one, even of another focus is not high, let alone a mondeo. But if it is sitting there then why not just take it off and see?

Reply to
Mrcheerful