Ford StreetKa cabrio - opinions?

Have the opportunity to buy one of these, are they OK? Reliable? They have a Duratec 1.6 engine instead of the Endura-E used in other Kas.

The example I'm looking at is a 54 plate, 42k miles, some service history, clean and tidy, runs well, soft roof in VGC, aircon works.

Honest John's review is quite positive but thought I would ask here too.

Cheers.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Do you cut hair?

Reply to
Mrcheerful

En el artículo , Mrcheerful escribió:

Thought someone would say that :-)

No, I don't, but I like the car. An MG-F would be more butch but it'd spend more time in the garage being fixed than actually on the road.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Hmmmmmm, really?????

Reply to
AC

If you get an MG-F that's had the head gasket sorted, then it should be reliable enough. A TF would be better as they moved to springs rather than hydralastic suspension.

I would have said MX-5 - but they suffer the same problems as the Ka - rampant rot, often in hidden places, even on relatively new cars. (Mk2.5 MX5s are probably the worst of all 3 generations).

Mechanically a Ka will be fine - but you need to keep a very close eye on the body and floor.

Reply to
SteveH

if you look early pre '95 or eunos imports can usually found with little or no rust and sometimes for little money...

I could never drive an MGF without constantly looking at the temp gauge...

Reply to
chris

My UK model 1.8iS is a 1996 and was totally rust free when I bought it just over 2 years ago.

It now has bubbling around the driver's rear arch...

Reply to
SteveH

A late TF 160 with the HG upgraded and stainless coolant pipes & rad would be orders of magnitude better than a street-ka...

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..

But an MX5 would be better still :>

Reply to
Tim..

I had an MX5 before I got the C70. I'd much prefer the MX5.

Reply to
GB

En el artículo , SteveH escribió:

That's the sort of info I was after, thank you.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

But remember, they're designed by Ford, built by Italians (Pininfarina, I believe) - so all bets are off, really.

Reply to
SteveH

Only if the StreetKa was pink.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

En el artículo , SteveH escribió:

Pininfarina strip on the door sills.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , Chris Bartram escribió:

It's not, thankfully :-)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson