Incredibly stupid brake pipe flare

A very over square engine. Which were the fashion for a while. But emission control caused a revert to longer stroke designs.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Quite a spread. A standard body one in pretty good nick would be 30k plus, I'd say. Mint could be anything.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Jaguar production V12 motors were also very over square (70x90) but obviously managaed to comply with US emission standards.

The later 6 litre models were even more oversquare.

All other things being equal, I have no idea what impact the bore:stroke ratio has on emissions.

Reply to
Abandoned_Trolley

The 105E was 48 x 81. Very oversquare.

Oversquare allowed bigger valves. But with 4 valve heads you can get the same area with a smaller bore.

The current fashion (BMW etc) is for just slightly oversquare units.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Anything over 100k needs to be coachbuilt to justify the additional expense IMO. My preference is Mulliner. I just like that Art Deco style bodyline design. I know a chap hereabouts with a couple of Hooper-bodied Clouds, one owned by some hot-shot oil billionaire who collected them. Hoopers are something else quality wise. They never did anything on the cheap.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom