Ipod to Ford 6000 stereo connection

Hi,I'm trying to connect my Ipod to the stereo in my 99 Mondeo.

I've heard that maybe the Connects 2 AFOS003MK2 CD changer cable migh do the job - if I connect using 3.5mm jack from Ipod to Red/Black A connector into the Connects 2 and then into the CD changer jack in th back of the Stereo (Ford CD 6000). Does anybody have any views o whether this might work? I'm interested in this connector as my mat has one he can let me have cheap,but don't want to get stereo out an find it won't work. The connects 2 has J link terminal and what loo like standard Red and Black AV connections. Any help would be muc appreciated.

Cheers, Mik

-- MikeA

Reply to
MikeA

Do away with all the pissing about, and use one of the small radio=20 transmitters - plug it into the headphone socket, then simply tune the=20 radio to pick up the signal.

Costs are from about =A38-=A330 depending on the model - I recently ordered= =20 one for the neighbours' kid from

- delivery=20was very quick, and they're apparently delighted with the quality. I haven't heard it myself, and i'm not an audiophile, so can't comment=20 myself on how it sounds.

They got this one (watch the wrap)...

=A37.95+postage

Sellers on ebay do set-your-own-frequency devices for

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Usually if there are red/black or red/white phonos anywhere to do with a car stereo, it's a pair of *outputs* to go into an external amp. If so, plugging into your iPod's earphone jack will do nothing healthy at all. However you can see how a CD changer could well feed a line-level output back to the head so you could be in luck. If you're going to try this, I suggest the first thing you plug into the headphone socket of is something very cheap indeed (cheapy portable cassette player or whatever). You can buy leads at Maplin that have a 3.5mm stereo headphone jack on the one end and phone plugs or sockets at the other, to save you messing about making something up.

I agree the point about the little FM transmitters though, nice neat solution, handy not just for in the car, and you can pick up a perfectly good one from Hong Kong on eBay for about eight quid delivered.

Reply to
Vim Fuego

*phono* plugs or sockets, sorry. Fingers doing the thinking for me ago no we're not oh yes you are f**k off you right I'm slamming you in a door you little bastards poke in the eye oww oww oww
Reply to
Vim Fuego

Thanks very much for the advice - think will give it a go as shouldn' cost me more than a tenner from my mate, but as you say will be testin with my old minidisc player to make sure I don't put 12 volts through m Ipod! If it fails I'll go for a transmitter; heard that as I live i London may get interference from pirate stations etc, but for £8 wel worth a go.

Cheers, Mik

-- MikeA

Reply to
MikeA