legionairres disease in your washer bottle!

Motorists who do not use screenwash for their windscreen wipers risk getting potentially deadly Legionnaires' disease, a study revealed today.

The warning comes after health experts discovered professional drivers were five times more likely to be infected with the dangerous bug, which is found in warm, stagnant water.

Read more:

Paul

Must be a washer bottle additive lake that someone wants to shift!!!.....................

Reply to
Mike

Dunno about legionnaires but I found the slime mould of all slime moulds in one screen wash tank. Pretty much filled the tank.

Reply to
Peter Hill

When I used to drive various works transits as part of my job, I remember one of the washer bottles turning stagnant. Bloody awful, it was, and once it was there it never went away no matter how much it was used & topped up!

Stu

Reply to
Stu

Ditto, grey slimy and almost an alien life form. The only way I found out was it blocked the pump inlet. I guess it had been growing for a few years out of sight.

Washed it out with hot water and detergent and it was growing back in a few weeks, finally dosed it with a load of bleach overnight and it hasn't come back.

Reply to
The Other Mike