Mercedes Adblu??

A friend with one of the new ML wagons from Mercedes has had a problem getting it to start today, Mercedes say it was to do with the Adblu system. Why on earth are they fitting road cars with bloody adblu?

Also, would that cause it not to start?

Reply to
Nige

Emissions standards.

How long's he been ignoring the warning messages on the dash?

Reply to
Adrian

'She' had non when Mercedes turned up today, so i presume there were non.

:)

Reply to
Nige

My brothers pug 406 or what ever it was had a bag of piss based liquid that it injected into the exhaust every so often, similar stuff i believe,

Bag's supposed to last 75k miles, but most split and leak by about 30k, and it's very good at stripping the protective coating off of a very expensive concrete drive (the type with pressed in patterns) then it soaks into the concrete it's self and means there's a permanent patch there to remind my parents of the time their (deceased) son's car pissed all over the drive,

Reply to
Gazz

Eolys. Similar concept, but different fluid to AdBlu.

Most modern diesels use DPFs instead. And we all know about them...

Reply to
Adrian

The first time I came across snake oil for engines was in the 1970s when I'd found a crate of Slick50 that I was flogging at a market.

It surprises me that there are so many gullible people about that it still sells.

Reply to
Henry H

Whilst I agree with you, and we could each name any number of candidates, AdBlu and Eolys are hardly snake oil.

Reply to
Adrian

Ah,nostalgia rools! Wot about the penny shots of Redex at the filling station? LOL.

Reply to
doug