MG-TF Stalling when cold

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone has some idea. When the car is cold it starts fine and idles smoothly around 1000rpm. On driving off and pulling up at a junction it will stall although not normally until after 1/4 mile.

The pre-cat lambda wasn't working (looking at the two lambda's using ODB2 reader and Torque app). Both pre-cat and post-cat sensor were showing slowly varying voltage. Now pre-cat lambda is changed, I see more of a waveform that I would expect.

The ODB2 reader shows coolant temperature rising, so I think that this is OK and I've cleaned the IACV, although I have no idea if it is opening enough. I've also reset IACV.

There are no fault codes and when engine is warm, everything is fine.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers, Mark

Reply to
marpate1