Citroen C2 cambelt change

Anyone got any gotchas of note for doing the cambelt on a 1.4 Cit C2,

2006 vintage? Cursory look says it's straight-forward with a pump and tensioner swap thrown in for good measure.

Be a first. Of the cars I've run or generally mend for friends, family-of-friends, vague aquaintances & assorted hangers-on, I've never had to do a rubber band before. In my case all bar 1 of my cars have been chains :-)

Reply to
Scott M

Grrr, should have added "petrol" too. Oh for the good old days of "odd" sized Diesels ;-)

Reply to
Scott M

You need some timing pins, two or three depending on which engine you have (single or twincam) a special tool for the auxiliary belt on the twin cam, you can probably jury rig a tool to hold the belt on the crank sprocket while you reassemble it. As it is a once every hundred thousand job it may be better to get an independent to change it for you.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Cheers for that. What's the tool on the aux belt for? Or did you mean timing belt?

Reply to
Scott M

No, it is for the aux belt, probably a special tool to slacken the tension roller, might be a square drive or a peg type, probably bodgeable.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

R I C (Ah, I see!) That shouldn't present too much bother. Cheers for the clarification.

Reply to
Scott M