Micra 1.0 L

Hello . First time on so here goes . My girlfreind has a 1993 1 . 0 Micra L . It stalled this morning when she tried to go to work . I thought it was just flooded so whipped the plugs out and dried them off . Still ne joy just the odd splutter . I inadvertently covered the fuel injection air inlet with a rag and when i turned it over the car nearly fires up . It seems as if restricting the air flow is helping it to fire but not actually starting properley . Its now 7pm and it still wont run . Have noticed that the hum I used to hear from the back of the car is no longer huming . Does this mean the pump is knackerd . If I put a small amount of juice down into the injection the car idles for a small time and then cuts out . Please help . Toony .

Reply to
Toony

hi mate, I had the same problem, I ended up replacing the Fuel Pump... You can get them from ebay for around £90.

Much more if you go to a garage to get it done.

Reply to
Jon Goode

Sorry, it was £69.99p inc nxt day delivery.

Hes a very good trader. Best to email him with the make, model & year of the car bfore you buy it.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Jon Goode

Might be the pump, but... (not knowing the system in the car) on my Mercedes the same thing was caused by the relay that supplies the pump. Might be worth checking; it's almost certainly cheaper than the pump if that's the fault.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

When a Micro floods it can be the devil to restart. Before that though, regarding the fuel pump, ign off then on should hear the pump run for a few seconds, then it *should* stop. Leave it several minutes then try that. If you just turn it on/off too soon it may not start the pump.

Ok now to the flooding. Try this first. Ign off, accel to floor (hold it there). Try to start engine for say 5 - 10 seconds. If it does start then don't keep trying as you may fry the s/motor. Do this: remove the fuel pump fuse - it's under the pull-out panel by the drivers right knee. The panel usually has a map of the fuse layout - check *very* carefully to get the right one. If you do, then the fuel pump will not start (obviously) when you pull it out. Also, there is somewhere in there a little plastic thing for pulling the fuse out as it's a pig without it. Be especially careful you know where the fuse came from so you can replace. Ok, next crank the engine over for several seconds with this fuse out and do not touch the accelerator. You can also take the plugs out if you feel energetic enough. Replace the plugs and fuse, Try it now and it should go. HTH

Reply to
Mike

Oops was/am in rush - some typos corrected here...

Reply to
Mike

Reply to
Toony

If you use a key without a transponder, then it won't activate the injectors, but it'll turn over the engine as normal.

I've noticed that it will actually the first time after it's turned off start quite repeatably on the 'plain' key. (though only for a couple of revs)

Reply to
Ian Stirling