Mitsubishi Carisma - fuel pump problem?

Hi,

I own a '96 Mitsubishi Carisma and while driving it on the motorway this recently I noticed an odd noise coming from the rear left hand side of the car. It sounded a bit like air escaping (although it was hard to tell because of the road noise). The noise only seems to occur if I'm driving over 40mph and over 3000 revs - it doesn't happen if I rev up the engine while stationary which seems a bit odd.

Is the fuel pump knackered or could that noise mean anything else?

Thanks,

Hajo

Reply to
Hajo Spuunup