MOT

One of my headlamp adjustment motors has packed up. Is it safe to assume that provided the beams are ok for the MOT there is no requirement for the electric adjustment to operate? (Honda Civic 2002)

Reply to
john

john ( snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Adrian

I usually watch my cars being MOT'd and I've never seen the testers check the remote adjustment, just the actual alignment. I think the nominal alignmen on the Civic is set in the conventional way (screw adjusters on the lights) and the remote is a movement from here.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Reay

That assumption is correct. It doesn't matter if the adjuster works or not for the MOT test. The aim has to be within the specifications at the time of testing.

Visit The MOT Forum

NT

Assuming that adjuster motor worked, but the alignment was off - would the average tester set the adjuster to the highest position (ie, as though no load in the rear of the car) and then adjust the aim?

Just wondered :S

Reply to
marpate1

HTH