mondeo auto gear box

I have a 1999 Mondeo 2.0 ghia X auto with 120,000 miles on the clock.... On the way home the other evening the over drive off light started flashing and the gear changes became very harsh. This was whilst sitting in a slow moving traffic jam after 50miles of motorway driving. I turned off the motorway and carried on using normal roads, in slow ish Friday evening traffic, it was still flashing when I got home. The next day, the light has stopped flashing and everything seems to be back to normal, although I've only done about another 10 miles. I checked the gearbox oil, the levels ok and it looks clean... any ideas?

Reply to
Nigel

Someone will jump in with a link to a Mondeo forum, which doesn't have anything on the subject. I posted ages ago and didn't get any useful responses...it's basically someone wanting to be seen referring people to the site.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

perhaps it's time for an oil change works wonders :)

Reply to
dojj