Nissan main dealers

Recently in West Yorkshire two major Nissan main Dealers (Dixons, and Evans Halsham has pulled the plug) , leaving a large area without access to dealerships wherebye servicing and warrantry work can be carried out. What is the reason for this departure?? Are Nissan struggling to sell cars ? Is the Sunderland plant in danger of closing.? I understand Nissan may be thinking of signing up an other to start a dealership. When and where? Being a Nissan owner (hard luck) I cannot seem to get any answers. Any views Peter.

Reply to
Peter C

It could be that another motor company has offered them more money to sell their cars than Nissan did, or it could be that they were useless at servicing/selling cars and Nissan decided to pull the plug.

Reply to
The s-Bray

Dixons have gone under. Evans Halshaw, aka the Pendragon group, have mopped up some of their pieces. However I can't shed any light on the Nissan issue.

Reply to
asahartz

the qashqai is twice as popular as Nissan thought

Unfortunately Nissan now build to the same standard as Renault - not the other way artound

asahartz wrote:

Reply to
Tommy

Ah, that explains why I've seen two of them on the road so far! ;-)

Reply to
asahartz

There were a couple issues that caused alot of Nissan dealers to be lost. The main one being Nissan wanting to 'strengthen' their market by reducing the number of dealers in certain areas (ie. make it so the dealers that remain essentially have a monopoly for quite a large area), and there were also warranty issues. Things like Primera's where the handbrake calipers seized, Nissan would only pay for brake pads for the caliper that was replaced, so essentially the dealer either fitted a complete set of pads and only get paid for half of them (or they charged the customer for the other two pads), or they ended up with half a set of pads surplus.

Reply to
moray

Thank you for all the interesting replies. Will wait to see if Nissan open another main dealer in West Yorkshie. An email from them indicates they are looking . (and pigs might fly) Peter.

Reply to
Peter C

It looks as though Renault has been making LOADS of money through using their penny pinching ways with Nissans.

So I'm guessing at the mo' sales are increasing due to prettier cars being introduced, and then a couple of years before people realise its not a japanese car but a rotten froggy pile of poo :-)

Sadly when I decide on a new car I'll not be buying nother Nissan - fast comfy reliable, neither vandals or Police ever "see" them (1997 Primera 2.0 Auto - 135000 and no issues apart from one service where instead of checking the brakes just added break fluid (resulting in new discs eventually))

Reply to
Tommy