OT: Price of Saabs

Given that Saab have gone toes up, I kind of expected second-hand prices to tumble. It doesn't seem to have happened, or is it that asking prices are still high but buying prices lower?

Reply to
GB

Don't know where or what you're looking at, but 9-5s are on the floor at the moment. Which means you can pick up a late facelift car for just a few grand, even in Aero form with 285 bhp...

'New' 9-5s will hold thier value relatively well as they're very, very rare cars and will be sought after by Saab anoraks.

Reply to
SteveH

This is a pretty typical example

That's 5 years old, low mileage, but still asking 8k.

Reply to
GB

This one is just plain odd - ad is for a Saab, with pictures of a Rover (supposedly from a private seller).

GB

Approved used - dealers sometimes ask silly money.

Here's a better example:

And that's pricey compared with some I've seen recently.

Reply to
SteveH

Yes, much better. Oh to be in Barnsley, now that spring is here....

These are car tax group L, so £500-ish a year for the tax disc. Ouch!

Reply to
GB