PCB in small quantities

Hello,

As Olimex are closing sometime soon for about a month's summer holiday, I thought I'd ask if anyone knows of a good PCB manufacturer for small quantities and low setting up costs. I remember reading somewhere back that there's a place that makes 1ft by 2ft PCBs for about £100, but I lost the info.

Thanks for any help,

Pete

Reply to
DesignElect

Sorry for the irrelevent message,

I clicked on the wrong newsgroup.

Pete

Reply to
DesignElect

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
DesignElect

I get all of mine from PCB-pool. For a one off prototype, you're looking at £286 for a 300mm by 600mm board, double sided, 1.6mm thick, plus VAT & delivery.

There's no setup fee.

Last time I looked they were £15.93 per dm2, and your board is 18dm2.

Delivery time will be 10 working days.

If you're after a production run of 20, the boards come down to £166 each.

If you can find someone who'd do a PTH for £100 for an 18dm board (with a quick lead time and no setup), I'd like to know!

HTH

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

There's a company that advertise on eBay continually for a fixed price small PCB run - and the price is around 100 quid. I don't know how they get away with this advert in an auction, but they do. It's in either components or test equipment, but a search on PCB should find it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Pete Smith mumbled:

Even twenty years ago when I last had to do things like this you'd have had trouble getting it that cheap.

Reply to
Guy King

Thanks, that's the one I was thinking of and couldn't remember. I've been given eurocircuits.com to try and they look very good value and even mill the PCB to any shape as standard.

Pete

Reply to
DesignElect

I actually enjoy making my own, although I've not attempted double sided and definitely not surface mount. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman

I have some etching and developing equipment in my workshop which I use when there's a real hurry. But for doing double sided yourself, you really need one of those expensive double sided exposure units which cost about £500.

I quite enjoy making them myself when I can too, it can be quite therapeutic.

Reply to
DesignElect

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (DesignElect) mumbled:

How do you PTH?

Reply to
Guy King

That's a tricky one! When I've had to, do DIY PTH, it's had to be a case of soldering tinned copper wire through the board to make a via. That's as good as I can do.

Pete

Reply to
DesignElect