"peel off" panel on MOT Certifcate.

I've just retrieved the MOT Certs (new style) from out file as the cars need taxing and I've noticed they have a "peel of panel" next to the address of the testing station.

What is it for? Ours are not peeled but, looking "through the paper", there seems to be the MOT logo under there.

TIA

Brian

Reply to
Brian Reay

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Brian Reay, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

Stick it in a corner of your windscreen and you know when your MOT is due.

Reply to
Pete M

on 22/08/2007, Brian Reay supposed :

They peel off and stick in a corner of your windscreen - to remind for the next time it is due.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Oh, that obvious!

Thank you both.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Reay

The words just above the peel off bit may give you a clue.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Except that the biro usually used to fill the date in isn't UV-tolerant so after 6 months you won't be able to read the date on it...

Reply to
PC Paul

I hope they're not using a biro. It's supposed to be printed on a computer.

Reply to
Conor

PC Paul ( snipped-for-privacy@bitrot.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

That's the old ones, pre-computer-ticket.

If you're still using one of those, it may be worth having a quick look at the certificate because I *suspect* it may have expired by now...

The new ones are dot-matrix printed on, usually badly faded because the tester can't be arsed to put a new ribbon in the printer...

Reply to
Adrian

peel the little piece off put it in the glove box & stick the remainder in the windscreen ;o)

those little reminder bits are s**te give it a few months and it will start to peel off the windscreen, if it hasnt try getting it off next year without a stanley knife blade !

Reply to
reg

Not a problem. Merely clean the glass first.

Reply to
Conor

Maybe now, but the first computerised one I had was definitely biro, I remember thinking how stupid it was not to print it with the rest of the form...

Mind you, that was the first week they were out in the wild...

Reply to
PC Paul