Peugeot 407 55-plate central display unit

Hi,

A mate of mine has a 55-plate Peugeot 407 that has a "central display unit", which gives out trip info, radio station, climate control display, etc.

For the first 25-30 minutes of driving, the display is nice and crisp, however after this period it becomes streaky, text varies in brightness and sharpness; it deteriorates until it's pretty much unreadable.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the cause of this, and what likely resolutions there could be?

Thanks, Darran

Reply to
Darran Ames

Sounds like something the Saab Information Display does, which is caused by heat. The connectors are heated up and cooled down such that they start to crack.

But, if it's a 55-plate, it will still be under warranty.

Reply to
DervMan

Thanks for the useful info - I'll pass it on. (I did wonder if it would be under warrant, but only after I'd made the posting. Personally I've never owned a car that's new enough to still have a warranty on it!).

Cheers, Darran

Reply to
Darran Ames

Is there an air ventilation unit that sits behind or close to the screen? On my 9-3, it plays up more in winter... because the ventilation system is providing more warm air to the interior...

Reply to
DervMan