Re: Mondeo Mk2 pinking

In message , Andy Evans writes

Hi, > >I've a Mondeo Mk2 zetec which has had a 10,000 miles service a couple of >months back and it's pinking a bit. > >I can't remember it doing it previously. During the service they were >supposed to change the spark plugs and I assume they did. > >I guess it's back to a Ford dealer since the timings all electronic? Any >idea what the problem is and what they'll charge? I suppose they just >connect it up to a computer or something? > >I've not really had to deal with this sort of problem previously since I >used to own a Diesel - ah, those were the days! > >Thanks for any useful info, >

Try changing your petrol supplier or even try a tankful of

97RON/Optimax. I've started using Optimax on my Focus after getting fed up with low speed pinking. I used to fill up at the same place all the time and I think their 95 unleaded was pretty poor.
Reply to
Paul Giverin

Whats the mileage on the car now? Officially the plug change on the Zetec E is 40,000mile intervals.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..