Remove Scenic boot trim?

Hello all,

The boot release button on our Renault Scenic (2002) has fallen out. This seems to be a well known design feature where it is retained by a rubber o ring ... that perishes and then releases the button!

Anyway, I've had a quick go at removing the boot trim so I can reattach it. After taking out 6 screws (including 2 hidden ones) the trim is still solidly attached. Any suggestions? Will there be clips? Do I just pull???

Any help appreciated.

JB.

Reply to
jmbainbridge

A bit of tugging.

Reply to
Conor

If its anything like the golfs boot trim I had to hang of it like a monkey and pull before it came off. Neighbours must have thought I finally lost the plot!

Reply to
Sarah

Thanks to you both.

Boot release now reattached.

Funny how I've started seeing Scenics without a boot release the last few days!! Atleast we were lucky enough to catch it, rather than lose it.

JB.

Reply to
jmbainbridge