Rover Alert & Oil Consumption

Hi all!

I have a Rover 416 ( Model: XWZLNR ), bought on Portugal, on Dec 1993.

It has 250000 Kilometers.

It consumes and/or looses 2.5 Litres on 1000 kilometers.

I went with it to Rover and they can't resolve it. After this I went with it to a lot of car's maintenance shops and no one could resolve it.

I've always done the maintenance at Rover. So, the car is at very good shape.

Hope this could serve as an alert to you.

Best regards, Joaquim.

Reply to
Joaquim Macedo

With respect, the only thing this tells me is not to buy your car if you were to offer it for sale. The engine is worn out... Nothing in life lasts forever..!

Des

Dez

So the car has done over 156,000 miles and you're complaining? It's a petrol engine, you're lucky it lasted that long.

Reply to
neutron

You got 160,000 miles out of it and you are complaining? It's a petrol FFS it won't last forever

That's debatable.

What that car engines wear out?

Reply to
Chris Street

Yes - if we ever want a Rover not to fall apart in rusty lumps in 3 years flat, we should consider buying one in Portugal.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Joaquim Macedo escreveu:

Hi all!

I thank you all for your opinions, but I'm sorry that I don't share it with you.

I bougth this car in 1993. It has 250,000 kilometers and 12 years. With the money I've used to buy this car - that is a 1,600 engine -, I could bought 2 cars: one, with a 1,200 engine on 1993 and other with a

1,200 engine on 1999. So, I could use a car from 1993 to 1999, with 125,000 kilometers. Then, I would sell it and with this money and the other half I would buy another 1200 engine car. The conclusion I would get from this is that a car that is more expensive does not use good material.

I'll say it to you - if this problem does not an easy solution and a cheap one, I'll never buy a Rover car.

Best regards, Joaquim.

Reply to
Joaquim Macedo

lol!

Maybe you should've. Cheaper cars are usually better value for money(there are a few exceptions though).

So why didn't you do that? If you buy a car twice as expensive you shouldn't expect it to last twice as long as a car half the price.

250k is pretty good for a car!
Reply to
petermcmillan_uk