Some car tools at Aldi

Starting Thursday 15th Jan, Aldi are doing some car maintenance stuff.

They have got some axle stands for £5.99/pair, a little trolley jack for £11.99 and one of those power station things for £29.99.

The trolley jack looks like the one I've got a home and it has been really handy since I bought it.

Paul Giverin

I don't think I'd be crawling under a tonne of car supported by a pair of £5.99 stands from Aldi.....

The power station looks good for the money, though.

Reply to
SteveH

I'd suspect like everything else they'll need to be CE tested. I'd be perfectly happy to use them (if I didn't already have several sets).

Reply to
deadmail

Lol, you are an ad man's dream!

Seriously though, what makes you think the more expensive ones at your local motor factors are better? Okay I would see your point if we were talking about a dodgy market stall, but a large company such as Aldi wouldn't sell sub-standard gear.

Reply to
Me

Given that their food offerings are largely what I'd consider to be sub-standard, why should I trust anything else they sell?

Reply to
SteveH

I find their cooking lager isn't too bad, well after 5 or 6 that is..........

Stuart.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Bit like Iceland then?

:-)

Reply to
petrolcan

Sorry to take this OT, but I like their food, I haven't tried everything, but those I have tried have been generally impressed.

Worth a mention: Block of ham £2.99, chocolate chip brioche, both naan breads, salami and black forest ham, mini jaffa cakes, handcooked crisps. Try it and see, save some pennies and spend more on your car!

Reply to
Ben Cowell

Pikey.

Reply to