Spraying this time of year

Im thinking of spraying my car in good old fashioned cellulose, this would be inside a barn to protect it from the elements, but humidity is high this time of year (my humidity gauge is showing 70%-80% ) Does this matter?? as dehumidifying a barn is not an option should I wait untill warmer weather?

ttfn....Alistair

Reply to
Alistair Ross

I'm no expert, but I've done a fair bit of cellulose spraying, and IME, high humidity equals a dull finish. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

It's far far too cold to be spraying celly. If you could heat a tent inside the barn and keep it heated for a good while after spraying had finished, you'd be ok. Any cold and it'll bloom. Two pack would be OK given that you can heat the tent to around 20 degrees and you use fast thinners and hardener.

Reply to
Doki

You might get away with it if you used anti-bloom thinners. I did a car (part of) in the winter some years ago and had a propane heater nearby (not the blower type). Worked fine.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham