Swearing

paul

My dear chap, I don't know what your point is. I have posted on Usenet extensively over the years and indeed have used the occasional expletive myself. Have you nothing better to do with your time?

Huw

Reply to
Huw

The message from "Huw" contains these words:

I think you mean chav.

Reply to
Guy King

'the chaff in the chav'?

Reply to
SteveH

It is not -my- brand of behaviour, and it has nothing to do with morality. You can do whatever you like in private or even in a closed user group. This is a public recourse and tool for talking about driving and cars. The behaviour and language I expect and hope for is no different to that used on mainstream television at any time. It is the recognised border of public acceptability. I await your public attack and abuse of BBC standards. I have no intension of killfiling you but you are very welcome to killfile me if you are so offended by my desire for moderate behaviour and language. It is amusing that those that use the 'f' word extensively are so offended that others would prefer them to use a civil alternative. They appear to be so offended that they use it as often as possible. It is also quite worrying that they cannot either see where the line is and cannot seem to express themselves adequately without crossing it. Lastly, I am not telling you what you can or cannot do, although you do actually tell me to "use a killfile or f*ck-off". I am merely suggesting that such language does you no favours, puts people off, and takes away from any valid point you wish to make which could be made so much better using civil language.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Is that like Noggin the Nog?

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Actually no, you've missed the point entirely. You're a hypocrite. You freely admit to using f*ck yourself, in an open public newsgroup yet you complain bitterly when others do.

Please f*ck off.

Reply to
Mark Foster

You've certainly made the point that you're a pompous hypocritical windbag.

Reply to
Steve Firth

The message from Ian Dalziel contains these words:

I'd rather be muffin' the mule.

Reply to
Guy King

Agreed and seconded. Feckin Mary Whitehouse trolls. Arse should pack up his PC and return it to the manufacturer with a covering note explaining he's too damn stupid to use one.

Reply to
Taz

I prefer **** - it requires the target to have imagination.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Whatever floats your boat

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

No, you said you used such language occasionally if you "hit your finger with a hammer" or if you were in appropriate company. Somewhat different to posting on Usenet.

*Right from the start* you have said the use of such language is inappropriate on a public forum such as Usenet. Re-read your own posts.
Reply to
paul