Tesco jump leads - any good?

Yeh I've got those in my boot and they are good. Cost me about 25 quid IIRC and used them a couple of weeks ago to successfully jump a V6 rover 75 with them. In fact I reckon they would jump-start a jumbo jet :)

Reply to
Andrew Ratcliffe

Nah. Jumbo's use a Pratt&Whitney PW901A which is about 250kW. That would be about 20 *thousand* amps your cable would have to take.

T'ain't gonna happen ;-)

Reply to
PC Paul

Google says a PW901A produces 1,145kW.

OTOH, it also says it's started by a battery powered starter motor, so you could jump start the APU which then starts the engines. That would probably be able to start using jumpercables.

Reply to
David Taylor