TPS on Escourt

Hey Group,

What does the TPS actually Do, i mean i know it send signals to the ECU but what happens when it gets them? I`ve been having problems with my care guzzeling juice (15 - 20mpg) i`ve disconnected the TPS and now im getting (25 - 30mpg) and I havn`t really noticed and difference in performance, runs ok and ticks over better.

If I left this unplugged could i damage anything?

Ford Quoted me about £110 for a new one, anybody know where to get ny cheap ones from?

Ta MCN

Reply to
MadCrazyNewbie

if it runs better then leave it off, for the moment, you may find problems getting through the mot though. AFAIK there are no cheap sources for these, apart from abandoned cars/breakers yards.

mrcheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Is yours a Single point or Multipoint injection ?

Graham

Reply to
Graham

Its the old single point injection:(

Ta Si

Reply to
MadCrazyNewbie

Hope this helps (interest declared)

Regards, Graham L

Graham

Hey group,

I think something is a drift somewhere, now the car is losing power, I put my foot down and its like its been starved of fuel, The Revs Die. If I turn the ignition of then on again (Whilst in motion) it seems ok, for maybe 2 mins and does it again:( i`ve reconnected the TPS but thats made no diffference:(

Anybody got any ideas?

What sensors could cause this? I`ve had my Emissions tested just now and there all a pass, so i guess that rules out the 02 Sensor?

What happened to the good old days before sensors and stuff? I hate to think what todays cars are like.

Ta MCN

MadCrazyNewbie

sounds like it might be a dodgy fuel pump or filter, check the delivery pressure.

mrcheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful