(update) Airbag and warranty problem

From this thread

(I've included my original post below) My girlfriend got back in touch with the Peugeot dealer and asked to speak directly to the general manager, she told him the situation and said that the bloke dealing with her previously has now left. My girlfriend asked to know if the airbag was acutally checked on the original quality assesment of the car before she bought it (thinking that if they couldn't prove the airbag was ok they couldn't claim she broke it). The manager called back later to ask her to bring the car back in again.

The upshot is that she has now had the airbag replaced and the broken part of the dashboard replaced, all under warranty. result!

---Original Posting--- My girlfriend bought a Peugeot 206 4 months ago from a Peugeot main dealer. The car was used (14 months old) but had just been owned by the garage as a courtesy car.

A couple of weeks ago she noticed that the glove box wasn't closing properly, and that there was a small crack in the plastic dashboard above it. Soon after the airbag warning light came on. So she took it into the garage for them to have a look.

They replaced the 'control unit' and the light for the moment has gone out but they said that the fault codes are still reading an intermittant fault with the passenger airbag, and that she should get it replaced.

However they said that it was her fault that the airbag was damaged so they wouldn't replace it under warranty, the cost of the work would be £660!

Obviously she can't afford to just pull out that kind of money, the reason she bought this car rather than keeping her Clio was because it was out of warranty and so minor repairs were starting to cost a bit. She didn't think that a newer car would be without problems but thought at least it was all covered under the warranty?!

Is there any way to get this work done under warranty etc? Or is she just going to have to pay the £660?

Reply to
Mark Hewitt

"Mark Hewitt" wrote in news:ea50t0$592$ snipped-for-privacy@ucsnew1.ncl.ac.uk:

Keep a hold of that girl !!! Anyone who can get a result from a French car dealer is top dollar in my book :-)

Reply to
Tunku