Which welder

Just finished doing the mods to my SIP Migmate 130. Basically, changed the crappy motor drive system to PWM. Used a board from Jaycar. It's now rock steady at as slow a speed as I'll need. Downside is the feed speed no longer changes with the power setting - but since it never seemed to be correct anyway, no big deal.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Out of interest, how much did the conversion set you back? And is it something an idiot like me could manage? My SIP Topmig Turbo 150 needs so much coaxing I'm never sure if I'll be able to finish any job I start with it. It'd be nice to get it sorted once and for all.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke