Whistleing oitreon Turbo

There is a whistling noise on my ZX turbo Diesel which starts when the turbo kicks on at around 2000rpm. I've taken the large pipe, which runs from the turbo up to the intercooler, off to check to see if it was split but it appeared to be ok.Is there another pipe I should check for holes or could this be cause by something else? TIA

-- cheers dude

************ kin®sole ************
Reply to
Kin®sole

Doh! sorry about the typo's

-- cheers dude

************ kin®sole ************

intercooler,

Reply to
Kin®sole

That *is* the turbo isnt it?!

Reply to
Max Hamlet

Yep,Its the turbo that whistling but the whistling has suddenly got a lot louder like there is a leak somewhere.

Reply to
Kin®sole

It could be the inlet manifold gasket starting to break up, or at least it was the cause of loud whistling on mine.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Read

Kin®sole ( snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMhotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Keep trying, you know what they say about third time lucky.

Clue - the badge on your car spells "Citroen" out for you.

Reply to
Adrian

Hi my turbo on my pug 405 whistles a bit (similar set up to yours) it had, had a hard life before id got it but a decent oil change has helped quieten it abit.

for more help try some citroen owbers groups like

hth si

Reply to
cavemansi