Wynall battery charger - help

Hi,

A neighbour has just cleared out his garage and has given me an old wynall battery charger.

On the front there is a amp meter, one dial for volts and another dial for amps.

What do i need to set these dials to for charging different batteries. I havent a clue!!

Ive tried the wynall website but thats not much help, but i think my charger is a bench type.

Many thanks

Reply to
Jim S

The message from "Jim S" contains these words:

Well, give us a clue - what are the available settings?

Reply to
Guy King

Both the voltage and amp dials just can be rotated from 0 - 7 . No other markings!

Reply to
Jim S

The message from "Jim S" contains these words:

Hmmm, s'not the Spinal Tap version then. Have you got a multimeter?

Reply to
Guy King

Thanks for the reply. I have got a multimeter.

Reply to
Jim S

lol.. "this one goes all the way to 11"... might watch it tonight..

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

12 Volt car batteries should be charged at about 13.2 - 13.8 volts for trickle charge and up to 14.4 volts for fast charge. Or 2.2-2.3 volts per cell trickle charge

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc

The message from "Jim S" contains these words:

Stick it on a car battery with the dials set to the lowest - and crank 'em up till the voltage across the battery reads about 13.5ish. That should do.

Higher will charge faster - but isn't always good 'cos it may warp plates or if left unattended "boil" dry.

Reply to
Guy King