2000 Mazda Protege ES stabilizer links? OK to NOT replace them?

Started having some kind of rattle on front drivers side and mechanic says its stabilizer links.

Will cost $160 to have them replaced including labor.

Car also needs front brake job and all wheel alignment as tires are new. cost will be another $250 or so for that

Money is tight right now and am wondering if ok to skip the stabilizer link and just put up with rattling..... but go ahead and get brakes and alignment done?

Will skipping the stabilizer links adversely affect the alignment, tire wear, safety, etc?

Car has 155k miles and I'm original owner

Reply to
me

Very likely. Spend the bucks, you'll save on tires in the long run.

Reply to
XS11E

I just checked my excel sheet with car records for this car and see that I had the Mazda dealer replace the front left/right sway bars on 7/2/2003.

Car had 52k miles on it then and now has

155k miles

Does 5 years of life and 103k miles use seem abt right for these sway links?

Reply to
me

Yes, it does to me, any other opinions here?

Reply to
XS11E

OK

Well I just have never owned a car where the sway bar links have gone bad...so didn't know

Reply to
me