another JR CAI bites the dust

A friend of mine had the notorious black box on their Jackson Racing Cold Air Induction self-destruct. I don't have all of the details yet, just that the pieces took out the MAF sensor as well. Since this miata owner does not have the original intake plumbing, the repair cost is getting up there. Of course, we can always order a new plastic box from JR for $100.00, but I wouldn't leave the JR system in the car, in fact, I am taking my own JR CAI out of my car very soon. (luckily, I kept my original intake parts). As fun as it is to re-glue the cracks in the box each time I service the filter, I don't have time to take the whole thing apart to fix the cracks down low that can't be seen once it is installed. If anyone is looking for a used JR CAI with a heavily patched air filter box, it will be on Ebay soon. The proceeds will go toward the purchase of the Randall intake duct.

Pat '96M

Reply to
pws